If after the installation of NearPlace locator on your website the application does not appear, there are numbers of possible causes and things to check in order to solve the problem:
- Your domain is not whitelisted - when you paste the installation code on the page (or if an unauthorized person copies your code) the Locator will not be visible if you enable the whitelist of domains to authenticate on which domains the application may only appear. In order to confirm your identity, you must enter the name of the domain where you want to use the NearPlace application. Go to the Installation tab in Locators menu of the administration panel, enter your domain name.
- Your domain is not whitelisted - after you paste the installation code on the page (or if an unauthorized person copies your code), the application will not be visible if you enable the white list of domains to authenticate on which domains the application may appear.
To confirm your identity, you must enter the domain name in which you want to use the NearPlace app. Go to the Installation tab in the panel menu of the Administrators, enter your domain name.
- Incorrect pasting of the code - you should make sure that your copy of the code that you placed on the website is identical to the code found at your NearPlace account. We ask you not to paste it to any text editors or other similar programs before placing it on your site, because these applications may interfere with the code.
- The installation code is destined for another locator - if you used multiple types of locator at one NearPlace account, you need to make sure that you are using the proper code. It is unique for each locator, that's why it's important you verify that you don't mix your codes prepared for different types of NearPlace place locator.
- There has been a big modification in the source code on your site - if once you installed the application, your site will undergo a major construction change during which the inside of <head> section or anywhere else where you have put the installation code has been changed, you will need to re-install NearPlace application.
- Your installation code is not pasted on every page - for the application to work properly, the installation code must be installed on every page and subpage on which you want to display the NearPlace application.