The first time you use an NearPlace app, the browser you are using will ask you for your permission to give your location.
A warning appears at the top of the page when a site asks for your location:
Configure geolocation settings:
- To let the site determine your location, click Allow.
- To allow your location to be determined for 24 hours, click Remember my decision for one day.
- To block requests from this site to determine your location: click Don't allow.
Configure access settings for the active website
Choose Safari > Settings for This Website or you can also Control-click in the Smart Search field, then choose Settings for This Website.
Choose the Location options you want for the website.
Configure access settings for all sites
In the browser menu choose Safari -> Preferences -> Websites.
Do one of the following:
- Choose settings for a website in the list: Select the website on the right, then choose the option you want for it.
- Choose settings for all websites that aren’t currently customized: Click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu, then choose an option.
- You can see websites you’ve customized under Configured Websites. If you don’t see Configured Websites, either you haven’t customized a website yet, or you’ve cleared the list.
- Choose settings for all websites: Make sure no websites are listed under Configured Websites (to clear the list quickly, select the websites, then click Remove). Click the “When visiting other websites” pop-up menu, then choose an option.
For more information about location sharing in Safari go to: