The first time you use an NearPlace app, the browser you are using will ask you for your permission to give your location.
A warning appears at the left top of the page when a site asks for your location:
Configure geolocation settings:
- To let the site determine your location, click Allow.
- If you don't want to let the site determine your location until you relaunch the browser, click ‘x’.
- To block requests from this site to determine your location, click Block.
Reset geolocation access settings
Use one of the following methods to reset access settings:
- In the address bar (right side)
Click Location icon -> Clear these settings for future visits.
Settings will be reset when you refresh the page.
- In the address bar (left side)
Click Lock icon -> Location -> Always allow on this site.
Settings will be reset when you refresh the page and your location will be enabled.
- In browser settings
In the upper right corner of the browser, click more icon -> Settings. Click Advanced button (at the bottom of the page). Next click the Content settings button in the Privacy block. Go to Location menu. Check the line containing the name of the site and click trash icon.
For more information about location sharing in Chrome go to: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/142065?hl=en